I was wondering if anyone could offer advice to me - I just took a sixth grade position teaching Language Arts and Science. The position is in a rough neighborhood, and I do not have experience with teaching past third grade.
School starts next week. What should I prepare? What rules should I set? I have thousands of questions, and I am nervous.
GWALP Responds: You need to contact your school immediately, not people on the Internet. You need to speak with your principal and/or department chair and the coworkers you’ll work closest with. Contact the secretary to get names and numbers.
Telling us it’s a “rough neighborhood” doesn’t give us the details to give you any advice at all, and we’re not the ones to really give what I think you’re looking for.
- paper-writing-service likes this
- gongjooya reblogged this from lifeteaching8thgrade and added:
- say92 likes this
- lifeteaching8thgrade reblogged this from teamteachers and added:
- syrferchyk likes this
- commonsensesensei likes this
- talesofan8thgradeteacher reblogged this from teamteachers and added:
- gracelandmomma likes this
- jarthepoet reblogged this from teamteachers
- gongjooya submitted this to teamteachers