It’s Tumblr Teacher Thanks Day!
This’ll be our first ever, and here’s how it works:
- Reblog this post to let everyone know you’re participating (when you drop a random thank you in someone’s Ask box, they may check your blog to figure out why).
- Find a teacher, first year teacher, student teacher, or education major who blogs on Tumblr.
- Use their Ask box to share a quick thank you with them for teaching (if you can’t find the link on their blog, add “/ask” after their Tumblr link; if they don’t have the Ask page enabled, you’re out of luck). Let them know it’s part of Tumblr Teacher Thanks Day!
- Repeat as often as you like :o)
Not sure how to find another Tumblr Teacher*? There’s a list of them here. You can also click the links above to find some in the teaching tags.
Don’t know how to enable your Ask box? Click through for a quick tutorial!
To Enable Your Ask Box in Tumblr:
1) From your Dashboard, click the name of your blog at the top of the page.
2) On the Dashboard for your blog (it should be the Dashboard that only displays your posts), click the Settings button in the top right, NOT Customize.
3) In the Ask section, check the “Let people ask questions” button. It’s up to you if you want to allow anonymous questions or not.
4) Scroll down and click “Save Preferences.”
There should now be a link to your Ask page on your blog (or you can link people there directly by typing your Tumblr blog link with “/ask” added to the end!